- Regulates the professions of Architecture and Quantity Surveying.
- Registration of Architects, Quantity Surveyors and Firms of both disciplines.
- Defines professional conduct.
- Appoint committees of the Board.
- To prescribe the procedures of those applying for registration.
The Board appoints committees in accordance to Sec 5(c) of Cap 525. Currently the Board has four (4) committees.
Architects and Quantity Surveyors Education Board
- Conducting and administering professional examinations for Architect Quantity Surveyors in Kenya
- Conducting training for the registered persons by organizing ContinuousProfessional Development (CPD) seminar
- Appointment of trainers and examiner
- Links the Board with other training institutions such as universities and colleges.
Ethics and Practice Committee
- To receive, consider & recommend applications for registration.
- To consider matters & complaints related to professional practice and make appropriate recommendation to the Board
- To advise the Board on the status of practice
- Review scale of fees for the two disciplines.
Finance & Administration Committee
- To oversee the expenditure of the Board.
- To provide fiscal management oversight.
- To advise on the best way to improve the financial base of the board
- Setting strategic direction of the Board
- To deal with all matters of staff welfare.
- Ensuring that the Board delivers in accordance with policies provided primarily by Cap 525 and the Board.
- Ensuring effective management of the Board in accordance with the strategic Plan.
- Link the secretariat with the specific committees & the Board.